Digital Transformation Stories
Digital transformation journey's can and are described by a manifold of stories. A digital Transformation is not only …
… strategy (aspiration, plan) but also digital technologies (enabler)
… operations (stability) but also innovation and transformation(change)
… the organisation (inside) but also the environment (outside)
… doing but also values
Each story adds a piece but what happens when you put them all together? What story is that?
For some, …
- digital enablers such as sensors, mobile devices, and new material is the most important story.
- the socio-economic macro evolution in the information age pulls us all into the future.
- digitisation of existing processes is vital.
- people's digital talents are at the center.
- a massive transformative purpose motivates you to solve big problems.
- meaningful ways of thinking and working are needed.
- management and entrepreneurial mind-sets drive the lean and digital organisation.
- IS/IT and its applications are necessary and in focus.
- new business models, identity and vision direct you to where-to-play.
- innovation and agility save you from disruption,
- transformation of the workforce and organisation is the way to the future.
- partnering and renting your resources paves the way to become an exponential organisation.
- customer orientation is obvious.
- knowing what you know and don’t know, lead you to traverse build-measure-learn cycle fast.
- trend awareness and strategy lead the way.
- artificial intelligence (AI) both enable and terrify.
- data is the new raw material and a source of competitiveness.
- the marginal cost of “supply, marketing” goes to zero, demonetisation.
- being socially responsible and serving higher purposes are equally important.
- governance and management are pushed down to self-organising teams.
- the focus shift from product & service features to experiences and values.
No single story tells it all.
Interweaving is uniquely positioned to untangle complexities and weave these stories together.